Paying tribute to Yamaha’s ’80s Dakar racers, the Japanese factory has just revealed a new tricked out Rally Edition of its Ténéré 700. And it’s about as cool as it gets.
Yamaha’s Ténéré 700 has won the hearts and minds of off-road loving adventure motorcyclists the world over since its launch last year. And now it’s gone one step further, releasing a special Rally Edition model which pays homage to the factories iconic ‘80s Dakar Rally racers.
Assembled in France alongside the standard Ténéré 700, the most obvious difference is its blue and yellow Dakar Rally-inspired livery – but there’s a range of other difference to help the Rally Edition stand out from the crowrd.
It gets a new heavier duty bash plate, a tool box mounting point, a more serious black aluminium radiator protector as well as a laser-cut aluminium chain guard. There’s also a taller Rally Seat which sits at 895mm (20mm higher than the standard model) – to help make it easier to move from sitting down to standing when you’re getting stuck into some serious off-road riding.
That’s not all; there’s a new Akrapovič slip-on muffler, more compact LED indicators, a set of rubber pads which offer improved knee and thigh grip under hard acceleration and a set of off-road specific handlebar grips.
HERE ARE THE HIGHLIGHTS
• ’80s-inspired factory Dakar Rally race livery
• Rally Seat, tank grip pads and off road grips
• Lightweight Akrapovič slip-on muffler
• Extra protection from the heavy-duty skid plate, radiator guard and chain guard
• Durable LED flashers front and rear and 4 x LED headlights
• 689cc, 4-stroke, CP2 engine tuned for linear torque
• Lightweight double cradle tubular steel frame
• Adjustable long-travel front and rear suspension
• Tough and lightweight 21 inch/18 inch spoked wheels with adventure tyres
• Switchable ABS
Expected to be available across Yamaha’s dealers next month, it’s around £1500 more expensive than the standard Ténéré 700 – costing £10,447 on the road. For more information on the Ténéré 700, click HERE.
- WORLD LAUNCH: First impressions of Yamaha’s new MT-09 for 2021 - 4 March 2021
- Motorcycle giants join forces to create swappable battery system - 1 March 2021
- MoreBikes A-Z of Battery Care. Part Four (S-V). - 26 February 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.