Ducati’s just presented its new Desmosedici GP 20 race bike with the help of Andrea Dovizioso and Danilo Petrucci.
Although the first round of the season isn’t until March, Ducati’s just presented its new Desmosedici race bike for 2020 – which means things are beginning to hot up ahead of the start of the race season.
On hand for the big reveal were Ducati CEO Claudio Domenicali, Ducati Corse General Manager Luigi Dall’Igna and the two men who’ll be piloting the bikes in the upcoming MotoGP world championship: Andrea Dovizioso and Danilo Petrucci.
As usual, Ducati’s the first ‘official reveal’ of the 2020 season – but over the next few days other MotoGP teams will also be presenting their latest race bikes. Keep your eyes peeled in the coming days, ahead of the first official tests of the 2020 season in Malaysia from 7 to 9 February.
HERE ARE THE BIKES FULL TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Engine: 4 stroke, 90 ° V4, liquid cooled, desmodromic distribution with double overhead camshaft, 4 valves per cylinder.
- Displacement: 1.000cc
- Maximum power: Over 250 HP
- Maximum speed: Over 350km / h
- Transmission: Ducati Seamless Transmission.
- Final chain drive.
- Fuel supply: Indirect electronic injection, 4 throttle bodies with injectors above and below the butterfly.
- Butterflies controlled by double Ride By Wire system
- Fuel: Shell Racing V-Power
- Lubricant: Shell Advance Ultra 4
- Exhaust: Akrapovič
- Final drive: DID chain
- Frame: Double beam in aluminum alloy
- Suspension: Öhlins inverted fork with carbon sheaths and Öhlins rear shock absorber, with preload adjustment and hydraulic brake in compression and rebound.
- Electronics: Magneti Marelli control unit programmed with Single Software Dorna Tires: Michelin, on front and rear rims Ø17 “
- Wheels: Marchesini in magnesium alloy
- Brake system: Brembo, double 340 mm carbon front disc with four-piston calipers. Single steel rear disc with two-piston caliper.
- Dry weight: 157kg
For all things MotoGP, click HERE.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.