KTM have upgraded their 1290 Super Adventure S with improved performance and more technology for 2021.
The Super Adventure boasts the same power (160hp) and torque (130lbft) as its predecessor, and the engine is 1.6kg lighter and Euro5 compliant.
KTM 1290 Super Adventure S highlights
- New ergonomics: new fuel tank, lower seat & new plastics
- Reworked bodywork: shorter chassis, new subframe & longer swingarm
- Optimised weight distribution: added agility & comfort
- New generation electronics: innovative ACC & reworked cornering MTC
- More intuitive 7” TFT display: optimal accessibility
- Redesigned handlebar switches, improved CCU
- Revised 1301cc LC8 engine: 160 hp & 138 Nm
- Next generation of Semi-Active Suspension
- Remodeled optional technology -> Suspension Pro, Rally Pack & Tech Pack
Technology to boost performance
The big talking point has to be the new radar-guided cruise control. The Adaptive Cruise Control system is a collaboration between KTM and Bosh which automatically adjusts the safe distance to traffic ahead according to five stages that can be set with the re-designed handlebar switches.
The riding experience is further boosted with the brand new 7” TFT display that is hooked to a new Connectivity Unit for seamless smartphone pairing. The larger dashboard view has quicker and more practical menu systems as well as clear aesthetic infographics to clearly indicate various sections of the bike.
Joachim Sauer, KTM Product Manager, said: “The 2021 KTM 1290 Super Adventure S is a sporty bike designed to offer unparalleled riding fun in any terrain. With this model KTM enters its third generation of big Travel-Enduro bikes for street and gravel adventurers.
“Collecting feedback from the market, we focused on enhancing rider feeling and ergonomics while introducing ground-breaking advancements, such as the Adaptive Cruise Control, the KTM way. To appreciate the magic of our ACC, you need to consider that the ideal roads to experience the thrilling performance of the KTM 1290 Super Adventure S may lie hours away.
“With highways in between, ACC will let you breeze through the transit keeping you ready to strike whenever possible. The new generation model will carry you as far, long and as hard as you want while keeping the original KTM DNA strong with its elevated performance potential.”
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure S will be available at KTM dealers internationally (excluding North America) starting March 2021.
- TT legend Phillip McCallen to kickstart Classic Bike Show season - 17 November 2021
- Custom Heroes is back at Motorcycle Live for 2022! - 15 November 2021
- Norton Motorcycles opens brand new headquarters - 11 November 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.