KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R
ENGINE: 2-CYLINDER, 4-STROKE V 75° | DISPLACEMENT: 1,301CC | POWER: 177BHP @ 9,750 RPM | TRANSMISSION: 6 GEARS | FUEL CAPACITY: APPROX. 18 L | DRY WEIGHT: APPROX. 195 KG
KTM calls it the King of Naked Bikes, and you can see why. The 1,301cc engine delivers a whopping 177bhp, but according to KTM it now runs smoother, consumes less fuel and cuts down on CO2 emissions by about 10%.
The new 1290 Super Duke R has been styled by KISKA, with a full LED headlight built on an aluminIum structure.
There are also wider, lower handlebars, Brembo Monobloc brakes, MSC with Bosch cornering ABS, WP suspension, an optional, two-way quickshifter, a multifunctional TFT display, and cruise control up to 200 km/h.
The optional “Track Pack” feature boasts launch control, a MTC slip adjust, a ‘Track’ ride mode, free engine map selection and the KTM MY RIDE, a wireless connectivity solution for smartphones and audio player. Oh, and the anti-wheelie mode can be switched off!
Here’s everything that’s new:
- New: LED headlight and LED daytime running lights
- New: Bodywork with sharper rear end, new tank spoilers and air intakes
- New: Two new color schemes
- New: Wider, lower handlebar positioned further to the front
- New: Transponder key system KTM RACE ON
- New: Cruise control
- New: Multifunctional TFT display and illuminated menu switch
- New: Optional “Performance Pack” with Motor Slip Regulation (MSR), quickshifter+ and KTM MY RIDE
- New: Optional “Track Pack” with ‘Track’ ride mode which allows freely selectable engine mappings, anti-wheelie off, MTC slip adjust and launch control
- MSC (Motorcycle Stability Control) with cornering ABS by Bosch incl. Supermoto mode, ride mode technology and multi-stage, lean-angle sensitive Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC)
- New: Advanced LC8 V-Twin now with 130 kW (177 hp)
- New: 10 mm shorter intake flange
- New: Resonator chambers
- New: Higher compression ratio of 13.6:1 thanks to the flat design of machined titanium inlet valves with chromium nitride PVD coating
- New: Euro 4 compliant
- Ultra-lightweight chrome-molybdenum steel trellis frame with bolt-on rear steel trellis subframe
- New: 48 mm USD split front forks by WP suspension with separate damping circuits, harder fork springs and a sportier setup. Rebound and damping are adjustable
- New: WP shock absorber with a harder fork spring (10.0 N/mm). The preload of the shock absorber as well as the setup of the fork and the shock absorber have been revised for high-speed excellence, fully adjustable.
- WP steering damper
- Ultra-lightweight, single-sided swingarm
- New: Metzeler M7RR super sport tyres
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.