BMW has revised the F 800 R roadster and the sports touring bike F800 GT.
The water-cooled two-cylinder in-line engine with a capacity of 798cc remains unchanged, with an output of 90bhp at 8,000rpm. While the sporty roadster F800R has a chain as secondary drive, the F800GT has a toothed belt, geared towards lengthier motorcycle trips.
Both bikes have been adapted to the new Euro 4 regulations for 2017, and feature a ride-by-wire system, ride modes (Rain, Road and Dynamic). They also have new a new instrument panel and new colour schemes.
An overview of the highlights:
- Adaptation to EU4 requirements.
- Newly designed end piece of the standard exhaust tailpipe.
- Ride-by-wire system for improved response and controllability.
- Riding modes “Rain” and “Road” as standard.
- “Dynamic” riding mode for a sportier riding style as an ex works option.
- Instrument panel with new dials, MIL indicator lamp and riding mode display.
- Windshield with matted model inscription (F 800 GT).
- New model inscription in galvanised look (F 800 GT).
- New attractive colour schemes:
- F 800 R: Racing Red non-metallic, Blackstorm metallic, BMW Motorsport (Lightwhite non-metallic/Lupine Blue metallic/Racing Red non-metallic).
- F 800 GT: Gravity Blue metallic matt, Lightwhite non-metallic, Blackstorm metallic.
- New ex works options such as higher handlebars (F 800 R) and “Design Option” wheels (F 800 R).
- New Original BMW Motorrad Accessories, e.g. HP sports silencer.