Suzuki has revamped the Burgman 400 with a range of performance, comfort and styling updates. In terms of styling, the new model gets LED lights, and a sharper sporty new coupe-like design. Comfort is increased with a 20mm thicker seat, cut-away footboards and multi-function instrumentation. Enhancements to performance include a new 15-inch front wheel, ABS, new air cleaner box, and an updated engine with revised power characteristics increase low to midrange torque. The new bike is also Euro 4 compliant. The Burgman 400 will be available in black, white and grey.
Here’s a slideshow of all the official photos:
Here’s what Suzuki says about the new Burgman 400:
While a solid seller in a relatively stable scooter market, Suzuki felt the Burgman 400 was due for a major update. In line with current trends, the newly updated model features a coupe-like slim and light body with enhanced sporty styling. With its lighter and more compact package, it raises convenience and performance specifications to a new level while maintaining its highly regarded reputation for luxury, quality, comfort and running performance. The result is a more desirable Burgman 400 that is lighter and more stylish, and that delivers more powerful torque at low to midrange rpms, all while complying with the stringent Euro 4 emissions regulations.
The update to the Burgman 400 aims to carry over key features that made the model popular through the years, while further slimming down the design and further improving the handling and performance to deliver a sportier, more compact luxury scooter that manoeuvres brilliantly and delivers a winning combination of stylish design, practicality and convenience.
Major features of the new Burgman 400 include the following:
Sporty coupe-like styling
- A slimmer, sharper and sexier design at both the front and rear ends. UPDATE
- Sharply styled dual LED headlights with integrated LED position lights. NEW
- Sharply sculpted independent LED rear combination lamps express elegance and agility. NEW
- Sporty new coupe-like design fits the latest market trends. NEW
Comfort and utility
- 20mm thicker seat cushion than the current model offers the rider luxurious comfort. UPDATE
- Cut-away footboards and a slim seat design make it easy to reach the ground. UPDATE
- The adjustable rider’s seat backrest provides optimal support and comfort.
- Spacious 42-litre underseat storage can hold two helmets (one full-face and one demi-jet helmet) or other gear (Helmets of certain shapes may not fit in the underseat compartment. The weight limit for items in the underseat compartment is 10kg).
- Multi-function instrumentation keeps the rider fully informed. UPDATE
- Two front compartments*1 provide space for stowing maps and other smaller
- items, and one houses a 12V DC outlet*2 for charging electronic devices.
- The weight limit for items in the left storage bay is 0.5kg. The weight limit for items in the right storage bay is 1.5kg.
- 2 To prevent draining the battery, please make sure to use the outlet only while the engine is running.
- A rear brake lock system and chain lock gate for locking the scooter bring great reassurance.
- The 399cm3 DOHC engine delivers instant response and powerful acceleration. UPDATE
- A new air cleaner box helps produce greater low-to-midrange torque and a more pleasing intake sound. UPDATE
- New iridium spark plug contributes to greater combustion efficiency and power output. UPDATE
- Dual front disc brakes, a rear disc brake, and Antilock Brake System (ABS). UPDATE
- Link-type monoshock rear suspension with 7-way adjustable spring preload.
- Larger 15-inch front wheel features a bold new image and look of stability. UPDATE
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.