BMW has updated its big tourer, the K 1600 GTL, to meet the new Euro 4 emissions requirements. The six-cylinder mile-muncher has a maximum power output of 160bhp and 175Nm of torque. The bike comes standard with ABS Pro, Dynamic Traction Control DTC, xenon headlamp, grip and seat heating, multi-controller, three riding modes, cruise control and plenty more touring gadgetry. The colour schemes will be Lightwhite non-metallic, Thundergrey metallic, and K 1600 GTL Elegance: Ebony metallic/Blackstorm metallic.
Here’s the official word from BMW:
With unrivalled running smoothness, an inimitable sound and the supreme power of its 118 kW (160 hp) 6-cylinder in-line engine, the extensively fitted BMW K 1600 GTL already provided incomparable dynamic travel pleasure in its existing form. In the revised version, BMW Motorrad has now optimised the luxurious performance touring bike even further.
An overview of the highlights of the new BMW K 1600 GT.
- Adaptation to EU4 requirements.
- 6-cylinder in-line engine including new catalytic converters and adapted data status according to EU4 requirements, with an output of 118kW (160bhp) at 7,750rpm and a maximum torque of 175 Nm at 5,250rpm.
- Enhanced visual presence.
- optimised wind and weather protection due to enlarged slipstream deflectors and windshield as well as side trim sections moved further to the rear.
- Relaxed, upright seating posture with handlebars shifted further back (as compared to the K 1600 GT) and lower footrests.
- Topcase as standard with integrated comfortable backrest.
- Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA with automatic damping adaptation as standard.
- Reverse assist for even simpler manoeuvrability as an ex works option.
- Shift Assistant Pro for shifting up and down without clutch activation as an ex works option.
- Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option for rapid assistance in an accident or emergency (currently only available in European markets with ConnectedDrive capability).
- New attractive colour schemes:
- Lightwhite non-metallic
- Thundergrey metallic
- K 1600 GTL Elegance: Ebony metallic/Blackstorm metallic
- Extensive standard equipment (ABS Pro, Dynamic Traction Control DTC, xenon headlamp, grip and seat heating, multi-controller, three riding modes, cruise control etc.).
- Diverse range of well-established optional equipment items (adaptive turning light, daytime riding light, Keyless Ride, Hill Start Control, central locking, forged wheels etc.).
- New and familiar Original BMW Motorrad Accessories, e.g. comfortable passenger footboards, additional brake light for topcase, HP sports silencer, chrome parts, crash bar etc.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.