The Klim F5 Koroyd adventure helmet is the first motorcycle helmet to replace sections of the internal absorption liner with Koroyd tubes, which the American brand claim are safer, more robust and better ventilated than EPS.
Building on its existing F5 adventure helmet, Klim’s added a Koroyd lining. Koroyd is made up of hundreds of tiny tubes, which are made from short sections of a plastic polymer.
The tubes are then stuck together to form a honeycomb, which is cut into sheets and placed inside the helmet.
You may also be interested in:
- VIDEO: Michael Dunlop talks his love of racing and the importance of quality kit
- NEW GEAR: These Richa jeans were made for adventure
On impact, the Klim F5 Koroyd welded tubes buckle – decelerating energy and protecting the wearer, in much the same way as an EPS liner.
But in low impact situations the Koroyd tubes are able to bounce back. Clever.
- Quick Spin: Royal Enfield Continental 650 - 18 September 2020
- PRODUCT: Milenco Snaefell 22mm chain and diamond lock - 18 September 2020
- Tech Talk: What to expect when you service your motorcycle - 17 September 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.