Watsonian have built a concept sidecar for the BMW R 18 Classic cruiser, featuring an all-new body shell and many bike-specific details.
Demand for sidecars has remained strong over the past 18 months, particularly from owners of retro and cruiser motorcycles, and Watsonian recognised that the new BMW R 18 Classic would be well suited to sidecar duties.
- Michael Dunlop to debut at 2021 Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show
- Specialist Spotlight: Motorcycle Funerals
- MV Agusta CEO: Cagiva’s Elefant will return
Its 1800cc boxer twin engine delivers over 150Nm of torque, providing plenty of pulling power, while its twin 300mm diameter four-piston front brakes ensure there is stopping power on hand too.
Inspired by BMW’s rich heritage, the design team at Watsonian chose a new body shell that has been in development during lockdown, because its lines match those on the bike and its shape is evocative of BMW sports cars of the 1930s.
It sits on a specially-designed platform chassis, with independent suspension, and an R 18 front wheel for balance, both physical and aesthetic. In order to mount the sidecar as close the motorcycle as possible, a section of the nose was removed and a heat shield fitted, to accommodate the large cylinder protruding from the engine block.
Every Watsonian sidecar is built to order in their Cotswold factory, visit www.watsonian-squire.com/to see more.
- BSH welcomes war hero Simon Weston CBE in journey to getting on the road - 13 October 2021
- The best routes in Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons you simply have to try… - 9 October 2021
- PREVIEW: November issue of Back Street Heroes magazine - 6 October 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.