There’s been talk that Yamaha is working on a new, non-naked version of its much-loved MT-07.
It’s a logical step; the MT-07 is a massively popular machine and with the recent release of Aprilia’s RS 660, it looks as though Yamaha’s after a piece of the action.
Related articles on MoreBikes:
- Kingston Custom presents stunning custom BMW R18
- All-new Tracer 9 and Tracer 9 GT from Yamaha
- THREE’S (NOT) A CROWD: Yamaha Tricity 300
The rumours also follow the news of the retirement of its YZF-R6 – which leaves a sporty shaped hole right in the middle of Yamaha’s line up.
The full-faired MT-07 would surely sit up above the MT-07 in Yamaha’s range, with a price tag to match – but chances are it would still be cheaper than the outgoing R6.
At this stage, there’s been no confirmation from the Japanese factory – but with rumours swirling and a gap in Yamaha’s range, it’s not much of a stretch to expect to see the new variant of the MT-07 in the not too distant future.
For now we’ll just have to sit tight and keep our fingers crossed.
Yamaha Tracer 900: Review and road test
Winter is not usually when you fall in love with a bike, but the Tracer 900 is doing its best to seduce Mikko.
- Honda’s new sport touring twin: the NT1100 - 21 October 2021
- WIN! We’ve got TWENTY pairs of tickets to Motorcycle Live up for grabs. Click HERE to enter. - 7 October 2021
- Ducati gives its Multistrada the V2 treatment - 7 October 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.