A custom Harley-Davidson sportster flat track insired by the Martin Racing Team of the 1970s has been revealed by Fran Manen of Lord Drake Kustoms.
Named ‘Seventy’, the motorcycle is a custom Harley Davidson that in principle was going to be a Cafe Racer motorcycle and in the end it ended up being a H-D scrambler. The base bike was a 2005 Harley Davidson Sportster XL 883.
Related articles on MoreBikes
- Custom Harley-Davidson Sportster ‘Urbantracker’ unveiled
- Kawasaki’s KLR650 returns, but not for Europe
- Husqvarna reveals new Svartpilen 125 roadster
With shops in Miami, Florida, and Málaga, Spain, Lord Drake Kustoms builds unique café racers, scramblers, bobbers and street trackers, specialising in Harley-Davidson builds.
What inspired Seventy?
Manen was inspired by the designs of the race cars and rallies of the 1970s. Martini was one of the most famous sponsors at the time and gave vehicles a stylish-look with its three-band colour designs: blue, light blue and red.
Manen, of Lord Drake Kustoms, decided to adapt them to this Harley Scrambler.
“The transformation was done in record time, since once the project started we came up with the idea of presenting it to the AMD World Championship of Custom Bike Building in 2020,” Manen said.
Unfortunately the bike show was cancelled because of COVID-19, so Manen decided sell the bike and start a limited production of 10 units.
A handmade flat track rear tail, a custom modified fuel tank and a custom front fender were installed. Spoke wheels with Continental tyres, installed Vance and Hines RSD trucker, K&N air filter, BMX type handlebar, etc.
For more information or contact, visit: www.lorddrakekustoms.com
Seventy Technical Data Sheet
- Base: Harley Davidson Sportster 883 low
- Year: 2005
- Displacement: 883 cc
- Exhaust: Vance and Hines RSD trucker
- Air Filter: K&N
- Shock Absorber: Custom.
- Fork: Original modified and with metal covers
- Odometer: Daytona side with rev counter
- Hand controls: Handlebars, grips, brake pumps, etc.
- Foot controls: modified
- Wheels: Rear and front of Radios
- Fuel tank: Handcrafted
- Seat and subframe: Custom made
- Front fender: handmade
- Rear fender: handmade
- Chassis: Modified subframe
- Lighting: front turn signals ingrips, pilot and rear turn signals LED´s, control lamps, etc.
- Watsonian reveal BMW R 18 concept sidecar outfit - 30 July 2021
- Ducati Manchester announces Carl Fogarty as brand ambassador - 27 July 2021
- Ducati records best ever month in June 2021 - 27 July 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.