I don’t usually read all the books that get sent to the mag (too many for a start), but something about Home By Seven made me start and, d’y’know what, I’m glad I did.
The tale of a woman’s plan to ride a motorcycle on all seven continents (yes, including Antartica!), Steph pulls no punches talking about her life prior to, and during, this trip, and she doesn’t fill the book with flannel either.
Related articles on MoreBikes
- The Wicklow Girl – a rollicking good read
- A century of Moto Guzzi – the ultimate guide of all its models
- Indian Motorcycle: 120 years of America’s first motorcycle maker
She tells it like it is (was), and comes across, unlike a fair few of these adventure book authors, as human, normal, not some sort of off-road/mega-endurance superhero – someone who’s going to do her best to live her dream trip as best she can without being too precious or demanding about it.
I won’t spoil any of it by giving owt away cos it’d lessen your enjoyment of the book – all I will say is that if you have any spirit or interest in travelling distances on motorcycles, then read this.
It really is one of the very best adventure travel books I’ve read.
- The show must go on: Stafford Classic Bike Show is go, go, go! - 15 June 2021
- Piaggio ONE e-scooter designed for youngsters launched - 11 June 2021
- PM: President Joe Biden “actively engaged” in Harry Dunn’s case - 11 June 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.