The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) have virtually met with Baroness Vere of Norbiton to discuss ways to raise the profile of motorcycling.
The minister offered to help MAG to “improve outcomes” for riders.
Related articles on MoreBikes
- KTM for kids: New StaCyc electric balance bikes available
- The Godfather, the Protégé and the Bike that Max Built. The story of the new DMOL x Devitt Flat Track Team.
- Home By Seven – All seven continents on two wheels
In a statement following the meeting, Baroness Vere said: “I thank the representatives of the Motorcycle Action Group for the meeting on Wednesday, and the case they made for motorcycling.
“I feel there are a number of areas where MAG and the Government can work more closely together in order to raise the profile of motorcycling and improve outcomes for riders.
“I have asked MAG to provide me with a list of their top five priorities and look forward to reviewing these.”
Following the meeting, MAG will now be surveying members about their preferences to build the priority list.
MAG’s National Committee will collate and agree the final list at its next meeting.
Selina Lavender, MAG’s Chair, will then submit the list to the Minister in late February.
Selina Lavender said: “I am delighted by the spirit of the Minister’s desire to make positive change for riders.
“We cannot claim to have achieved everything our hearts desire, as our expectations must remain reasonable, but we have been given a great opportunity to get real results for motorcyclists.
“I thank the Baroness for her time and willingness to make this offer.”
- ‘Easy Rider’ Captain America motorcycle to be sold at auction - 14 May 2021
- WK Bikes reveals retro-inspired Scrambler 50 - 12 May 2021
- Husqvarna add Vektorr electric scooter to its e-mobility range - 11 May 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.