KTM have revealed a large-capacity adventure bike, the 1290 Super Adventure R, built for off-road riding.
For 2021, the new Euro5 compliant 1290 Super Adventure comes with fresh electronics, a revised chassis and a lower centre of gravity.
Related articles on MoreBikes
- KTM for kids: New StaCyc electric balance bikes available
- KTM 1290 Super Adventure gets tech updates for 2021
- ADVENTURE POTENTIAL: KTM 390 Adventure
The steering head has been moved back by 15mm for sharper cornering, re-locating the front section of the engine and introducing a slightly longer new diecast open-lattice swingarm for a greater depth of feeling under acceleration.
A new three-part fuel tank holds 23 litres and is positioned lower to assist riding equilibrium and for better agility, whilst the subframe has been reconstructed and is topped with a sporty stepped seat at 880 mm of height with slim dimensions and a handy storage underneath.
In terms of tech, the Super Adventure R boasts a new 6-axis lean angle sensor, plus a host of ride modes, including the optional rally mode, which allows riders to set throttle response and select from nine different levels of wheelspin.
A new 7in TFT display, complete with mobile connectivity, displays all the important information and allows you to control a multitude of updated electronic aids.
KTM’s new engine is 1.6 kg lighter yet the power remains at 160bhp at 9,000 rpm and 138 Nm of torque at 6,500 rpm.
Additional engine updates include lighter engine cases, new pistons, improved shifting, altered coatings and easier filter access and a re-jigged two-header exhaust unit, with the updated package making the LC8 flighty, more reliable and more dependable for all types of trail.
Service intervals come every 15,000km with a fuel consumption at 5.7 l/100 km.
KTM 1290 Super Adventure R – highlights
- All-new ergonomics offering extra agility
- Redesigned seat with lower height
- Reworked long-travel, adjustable WP XPLOR suspension
- Optimized weight distribution with lower-placed fuel tanks
- Cutting-edge electronics that enhance the ride
- New, intuitive 7’’ TFT display with redesigned handlebar switches
- New LED headlight with LED daytime light
- Revised V-Twin engine EURO5 with improved heat dissipation
- New, Adventure-specced tires by Bridgestone
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure R will be available at UK dealers from March 2021. Prices start from £15,999.
- The show must go on: Stafford Classic Bike Show is go, go, go! - 15 June 2021
- Piaggio ONE e-scooter designed for youngsters launched - 11 June 2021
- PM: President Joe Biden “actively engaged” in Harry Dunn’s case - 11 June 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.